Your privacy is important to seppo.io. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that seppo.io collects, and the ways in which seppo.io uses that personal information.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.
Personal information collection
seppo.io may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including name and email address);
- information about your use of this website;
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including products purchased from the web shop); Credit card or bank details are never stored or processed by seppo.io, but the transaction takes place solely in Paytrail’s service.
- if you prefer to login with your Facebook account (after registration), seppo.io asks and uses just email address
- if you prefer to login with your Google account (after registration), seppo.io asks and uses just Google basic profile
- if you login via Edustore portal Seppo uses user’s eMail address, which becomes seppo userID
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
- Seppo.io collects into logs the login information (date, time and User ID) to manage the eventual error situations. The logs are stored for 14 days.
- Seppo uses (in the application itself) Google Analytics service to monitor the usage flows to improve the quality of service. No users are identified.
- Seppo stores also business information about their customers and prospects in the usual customer management manner.
Using personal information
seppo.io may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- provide you with customer service
- send to you statements and receipts;
- allow you as a player join into the same game you have played in the previous seppo.io session.
- send you occasional newsletters about improvements and new features in seppo.io service. You can opt-out from the newsletter recipient list by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending us a message through a link that every newsletter includes.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, seppo.io may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Seppo is an authoring tool to create educational games. This means that seppo stores data that users have created. It can be pictures, tasks, stories and rules that the instructors (e.g. teachers or trainers) have created or different kind of answers, pictures, videos and audios that the players have created while completing the tasks in the games.
All the content created by players is seen only by the teacher who owns the game (and eventual other instructors that the game owner has allowed to monitor the game). It is advice to pay attention to the privacy and permission issues before such data is shared to the public Internet including Social Media.
If are teacher user decides to share his/her game into the Content Library, he/she has possibility to update or delete the game in the user interface. If that game is downloaded by another user (which the teacher must allow) and the teacher chooses to delete his/her shared game, the downloaded copies
When user’s license expires the data is not removed immediately, but it is saved for 6 months to allow the user access his/her content after the eventual license renewal. User can also save his/her own games into Content Library where they are accessible even after the license expiration.
Who has access to your data
Only the permanent key personnel of seppo has access to all the personal data of seppo user’s. Access to the data is secured with ID and strong password that is changed regularly.
Where seppo.io discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for the above mentioned purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Agents and sub-contractors have access to the data of customers of just their own territory.
Your personal content is not accessible to anyone through the user interface. It can be accessed in the database only by the technical staff of seppo and will be accessed only to help solve eventual errors or if seppo has evidence or a reason to suspect that the user has broken Terms and Conditions.
External vendors providing data related services
The majority of the data of seppo.io resides in a database on servers that are managed and operated by Heroku. Part of the data - images, video files and audio files - reside in Amazon’s Cloud Storage Service. All these servers are located inside EU.
Seppo uses Pipedrive CRM, Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign – that are commercial SaaS products – to support its business operations.
Seppo has checked the Privacy Policies of all the vendors mentioned above, found them GDPR compliant and applicable. Seppo has agreed with their Terms and Conditions thereby entering into a contractual relationship with the vendors.
Securing your data
seppo.io will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
seppo.io will store all the personal information you provide on secure hosted servers. Seppo uses cloud services of Heroku and all the data resides on servers that are in EU.
The communication inside the solution happens using secured https connection, both for end-users and administrators.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Users' rights to their Personal DataUsers have the following rights (that are defined in GDPR regulations) to their personal data:
- Users can alter their personal data in the solution’s UI (Password) or by contacting seppo.io (user ID).
- Users can remove their personal data and personal content data from the system for good. In this case all the data that is related to the user ID will be deleted from the system within 2 weeks timeframe and from the backups within 24 days.
- Users can get a summary of data (i.e. content) that is related to their ID in csv-format (within 2 weeks timeframe).
- Users can opt-out from the commercial newsletter recipient list. However, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the service.
All these measures take place by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to Lapinlahdenkatu 16, 00180 Helsinki, FINLAND.
- Person responsible for seppo.io's data privacy: Tero Kulha